RPPG provides comprehensive grant writing and research services to support efforts to secure funding for critical projects and programs that improve the quality of life in local communities. RPPG’s team has a proven track record of working with local governments to successfully secure millions of dollars in state and federal funding. The firm’s existing presence in Sacramento, as well as the public law resources of Renne Public Law Group, are leveraged to support RPPG’s grant writing service, providing a well-rounded and comprehensive approach to addressing the needs of our clients.
As a young, emerging practice we strive to reimagine traditional approaches to consulting—to be creative, nimble, and proactive.
RPPG embraces strategic planning as a cornerstone of our approach to grant writing, supported by thorough research. The most impactful grant-seeking efforts are mission-driven and aligned to strategic goals. We also know that successful consultants prioritize synergy with a client’s staff; cultivating collaboration is at the heart of our grant writing service. Our firm prioritizes high-quality work products, in order to give our clients a competitive edge when seeking discretionary funds. We understand that attention to detail is the most important aspect of grant writing.
RPPG’s Grant Writing Services
- Project Management: RPPG will provide grant writing and project management services, from start to finish of the proposal development process. This includes the preparation of funding abstracts, project narratives, and required forms and attachments.
- Funding Opportunity Research: RPPG conducts continuous and comprehensive research, keeping clients informed of upcoming grant opportunities. Targeted research is available on an “on-call” basis. RPPG clients receive a monthly “Funding Opportunities Catalog” documenting current and cyclical grant programs from federal agencies, state agencies, and private foundations.
- Monitoring the State Budget: RPPG’s grant writer works directly with legislative advocates who provide updates and analysis on the state budget and trailer bills, allowing the grant writer to effectively identify funding opportunities ahead of the official postings by government agencies.
- Strategic Planning: RPPG works directly with organizational leadership teams to identify funding and service gaps to inform grant-seeking activities. RPPG schedules annual “deep dive” meetings with clients to focus on key priorities for the upcoming year and then uses those priorities to develop a “Funding Opportunities Assessment” to guide the organization’s grant-seeking activities.
- Collaborative Approach: RPPG utilizes a collaborative grant writing process to put together highly competitive proposals. Skilled consultants understand that leveraging the subject matter expertise of our clients is critical to success. RPPG uses cloud-based document sharing services to enable real-time feedback from clients throughout the proposal development process.
- Capacity Building: “Grant readiness” is a critical element of success. RPPG will prepare and provide in-house trainings for your organization to support grant-seeking and administrative activities at the staff level.
- Quality Control: Prior to submitting a grant application, RPPG’s grant writer will review the contents of each form, check for typographical or grammatical errors, and ensure that all required components for a complete proposal are included in the application package.
- Consistent Communication: RPPG schedules monthly “Grant Activity Calls” to provide progress reports on grant-seeking activities. These updates also come in the form of monthly written reports distributed to the organization’s leadership team. Consultants will inform clients of funding opportunities as they are released to ensure timely response.
RPPG’s Grant Writing Division is led by Jake Whitaker, Manager of Grant Writing and Research. Jake has worked as a consultant for a diverse range of organizations, including municipalities, county governments, community college districts, special districts, and nonprofits. With five years of grant writing experience, he has secured over $14,000,000 in funding with 24 successful grant proposals. He prioritizes high quality service, collaboration, and effective communication in all his consulting work. Jake has experience preparing grant proposals across a wide range of sectors, including public safety, wildfire mitigation, housing, parks and recreation, food insecurity department, workforce development, economic development, education, and infrastructure projects (including transportation and water infrastructure).
Direct: (530) 681-9731