Renne Public Policy Group is looking to hire an experienced grant writer who can create engaging narratives that embody the unique characteristics of our municipal clients that best position them for success. The Grant Writing Associate will be assigned client accounts to oversee as the primary service provider for the firm’s grant writing division and will report directly to the Director of Grant Services.
Residency Requirements and Remote Work Accommodations
Candidates for a full-time position with the firm must reside in California.
RPPG is open to a part time or full-time remote work assignment. What is most important is that we hire the “best” candidate, not the “closest” candidate. We do expect that the best candidate will be actively engaged and invested in the growth and prosperity of our firm regardless of whether a remote work assignment is requested. Additionally, periodic regional and statewide travel will still be required. This may include occasional travel to the Sacramento and San Francisco offices for team building purposes or to attend various trade association conferences.
Compensation ranges from $65,000-$75,000 depending on experience.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Defined contribution retirement benefits
- Annual performance-based bonuses.
- Prepare proposals to state agencies, federal agencies, and philanthropic organizations to secure funding for projects and programs on behalf of clients assigned to your portfolio.
- Conduct quality checks on proposals prior to submission to ensure completeness.
- Track upcoming grant and funding opportunities for clients through the CA Grants Portal, grants.gov, and various state and federal agency websites.
- Provide analysis, evaluation, and assistance to clients regarding potential grant opportunities; work with clients on assessing the potential impacts of grant requirements, client programs, and services.
- Attend meetings with clients—both project-specific and routine check-in meetings with clients will be required.
- Coordinate with representatives at state agencies, federal agencies, and philanthropic organizations to address client questions.
- Conduct research on funding opportunities for clients.
- Attend grant program workshops/webinars and provide written notes to clients regarding eligibility, timing, and scoring.
- Contribute to the maintenance of RPPG’s Funding Opportunities Catalog.
- Assist the Manager of Grant Services in responding to new business opportunities.
- Other grant writing and project management duties as directed.
- Must have a solid understanding of the principles and methods of grant proposal writing.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail is required.
- Strong interest in local government.
- Ability to multi-task various assignments, prioritize work, and adjust to multiple demands and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in delivering high-quality work product on a consistent, reliable basis in a fast-paced work environment with ambitious goals.
- Strong writing and analytical skills are essential for this position.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient with MS Office applications, Google, online communications platforms, and webinar technologies.
- Flexibility to adjust and contribute to continually evolving work situation and changing priorities.
- Must be able to travel locally and statewide.
- Minimum three years’ experience in grant writing/research and bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Please email cover letter, resume, and a list of past funded grant awards to email@example.com (phone inquiries will not be considered).
Note: Your cover letter must include an acknowledgement that you have fully reviewed the position description.
Please put “First and Last Name: Candidate for Grant Writing Associate” in subject line of email.
If selected to be interviewed, applicants must provide two writing samples from successful grant proposals and two references from previous clients and/or employers prior to the interview.
Renne Public Policy Group (RPPG) is a full-service state lobbying, consulting, and grant writing practice that strives to advance the interests of California local public agencies and the companies that align with public entities. We do so effectively and efficiently, without compromising on ethics or integrity. RPPG is a division of Renne Public Law Group (RPLG), founded by Louise Renne, the City of San Francisco’s elected City Attorney for 16 years. RPPG provides our clients with a keen understanding of California’s evolving legislative, political, and budgetary landscape, which is critical when making policy, legal, and operational decisions. We are rooted by Ms. Renne’s reputation for uncompromising ethics, excellence, and innovation.
At RPPG, we take a different approach from how other firms represent their clients. We are proactive, creative, and nimble. We are building a culture of like-minded professionals from diverse backgrounds who want to come to work and where clients feel valued. Our goal is to provide our clients a holistic approach of legislative, political, legal, and operational counsel.
In 2019, RPPG started with one client. Since that time, our client portfolio continues to grow at a remarkable pace. We work with jurisdictions large and small, from cities in northern California and the Bay Area—to local and regional entities in the Central Valley, Inland Empire and as far south as San Diego County. In June 2021, RPPG expanded its practice to include grant writing. The firm signed its first grant writing client in August 2021 and now includes fifteen core clients.
While our growth has not come easy, we firmly believe that our success is built upon a spirit of team collaboration and an appreciation for the individual strengths we each bring to the team. Collectively we bring a positive energy, a tireless work ethic, and a passion to do good work for great clients.
Renne Public Policy Group, a division of Renne Public Law Group ® is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. RPPG encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. RPPG makes every effort to assure that its recruitment and employment provide all qualified persons, including persons with disabilities, with full opportunities for employment in all positions.
RPPG is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.